Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's day to my dad, and all the other dad's out there.

Today I met up with my dad in the city to take him to lunch. I wanted to take him to a baseball game today as it's the Bay Bridge Series, the Giants and the A's are playing each other, but I thought of this a bit too late and wasn't able to get tickets for the game. It was sold out a long time ago. Apparently a lot of others had this idea and they did think about it before me because there were lots of Father & Son's on Bart as I rode it to the city. A's and Giant's T-shirts, hats, jackets, everything. Although I am a fan of both...if I had gotten tickets and was going I would be in a Giants shirt. Dad taught us at an early age to root for the Giants!

Apparently so did a lot of other fathers, grandfathers...and they were all on Bart. It was great. There was one particular father/son that stood out. Dad must have been in his 80's and walked with a cane, like my dad, and the son was probably in his 40's like me. It was just the two of them and they both looked like they would have rather been no place else but in each other's company.

I guess I timed things just right because when I left Union Square, the return train home was full of fans heading home. That same father/son couple was on the same train I was for the return trip. I haven't watched the news so I have no idea who one, but if you spend the day with your dad, ball game or no ball game, it doesn't matter who lost, because everyone's a winner.

Happy Father's Day Dad. I love you!

No comments: