Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I'm Jealous

I'm jealous. When I was on a BART train one day last week I happened to look out the window as we passed the Fruitvale station. I looked out at the parking lot there and I saw empty parking places during the mid morning hours. I board at the Dublin/Pleasanton station and if you aren't parked by 7:00 am on a week day morning you can pretty much forget parking. I'll gladly pay the $1.00 parking fee for a parking spot, hell I'll even $2.0o any time of day or night if I could find an open spot. I've tried reserving a parking place, but unless you know 30 days in advance that you'll be parking and are able to get on line on that 30th day before everyone else it's nearly impossible.

While interviewing for jobs in the city (shameless plea here - I'm an excellent Executive Assistant with tons of experience both as an Executive Assistant and as a Training/Education Coordinator looking for a position with a great company...email me at cecelia.liss@yahoo.com if you have an open position for me!), my interviews are scheduled for generally mid morning after 10:00 am so I would be boarding BART about 8:30. There are never any parking places available at that time of day Monday through Friday. Thank God for the wonderful and incredible El Marko who leaves for work about that time and drives me there.

Leaving the city at noon is a breeze, but if the wonderful and incredible El Marko has driven me to the BART station that morning I'm stuck at the station because my car isn't there. It's about 5 miles from my house to the BART station and if I'm all dressed up for a job interview in heels, I don't really want to walk those 5 miles home. There isn't a bus route that comes close to the house so I'm faced with a $15.00 + cab ride home.

So here goes my second plea (this one not so shameless) and it goes out to BART....PLEASE hurry, hurry, hurry and expand the parking at the Dublin/Pleasanton station. Employers, please refer to plea number one and send me an email so we may discuss the wonderful things I can bring to your organization!

No comments: