Sunday, October 14, 2007

Lullaby and Good Night….

On Friday night we took BART into the city to see a concert at the Warfield Theater. The show was great, especially if you like metal music. It had been a long time since I’ve been to the Warfield and I forgot what a great place it is to see a show.

When we boarded the train at the Dublin/Pleasanton station, the station was packed with commuters getting off the train on their way back home. We got on a train heading into the city and it was empty. We were the only ones in that particular train car. Of course, me in all my silliness pointed this out and I had this strong urge to run up and down the car making funny animal sounds, but I did contain the urge and stayed in my seat. For those of you who have known me personally for a long time, you should be very proud of me…Yes I’m finally growing up and trying to act my age! As we traveled closer to the city, it was defiantly a Friday night crowd getting on board. There was no such thing as the hushed speaking voices, but more of the “Let’s Party” battle cry.

Like I said, the show was great and so was the crowd. Some young thing even asked if he could buy me a drink….or maybe I’m confused, maybe he wanted me to buy him a drink, he didn’t look much over 21. I think I’ll stick with my first thought and he wanted to buy me a drink. I was looking damn good Friday night!

Needless to say I turned him down, but managed to have 3 diet cokes and rum. When we boarded back on BART to go home I felt my age as well as the cocktails and promptly fell asleep. Not just a dozing off, but a deep sleep. We got on at the Powell station and I was asleep before we went through the Trans Bay Tunnel. I didn’t hear anything till I was nudged awake when we pulled into Pleasanton. I personally apologize to everyone on that train if I was snoring or drooling. If I was, next time please laugh at me louder so I’ll hear you and wake up.

No comments: