Friday, November 9, 2007

Step on a crack, break your mother's back...or other awful things

While this isn't about a train ride experience, it's about what can happen in any city or town...so city planners, contractors, and cement pourers please read and take notice and help do your part to correct this problem...not only in the SF Bay Area, but in every city across America.

I am a female. I enjoy wearing high heels, but what I don't enjoy is walking on side walks if you have on a heeled shoe that isn't a wedge or wide at the bottom of the heel. Every time I'm in the city (any city!) my heel gets stuck in a wide crack in the sidewalk. Not an unplanned crack, the but the intentional lines of the side walk they put in when pouring the sidewalk. I realize that these cracks/breaks are necessary, but damn it, make them narrower! I can't tell you how many pairs of shoes I've ruined because of a heel getting stuck.

It doesn't matter if I'm wearing high heels or kitten heels or somewhere in between...it always happens no matter what.

I can hear the applause and cheers of women everywhere agreeing with me on this one. It should be mandatory that everyone involved with sidewalk planning be made to walk a minimum of 4 blocks in high heels so they can understand this problem, fix it and plan accordingly for future sidewalk projects. It's a funny mental visual image, but hey, if it helps my shoe collection I'd gladly curtail my giggles and laughter if I see a parade of contractors in pumps.

Okay, done venting and off to Macy's to buy new shoes!

No comments: