Thursday, November 29, 2007

High tech or what's a computer?

Yes, once again I headed into the city on BART for another interview. This one was with an agency so hopefully they will find me an awesome job...Soon! But I while I was on the train I started working on something I seem to be drawn to this time of year. I started needlepointing. I'm thinking it is a lost art. I got some really strange looks from younger people on the train. The looks didn't bother me, I just don't think they knew what I was doing. When I needle point I even wonder what I'm doing! The first project I ever did, a "Merry Christmas" banner took me 12 years to finish. I was so proud when I finally did finish that I had it framed and everything. This time around I'm working on a Christmas stocking. Its so cute and hopefully I'll be able to use it next year. I know there is no way in hell I'll finish it for this season. I'm sure it will look like crap, just as the Merry Christmas banner does, but I'll use it anyway. I think it's rather artistic that all my stiches are going in different directionsd!

Now for the flip side of the coin...after sitting on a train, working on the lost art of needlepointing, I come home and check my emails. A few days ago I sent out a happy holidays email to some friends I worked with in Los Angeles. When I first started this blog I sent them all the link to it. Well some of the emails I got back yesterday mentioned that they did check out my blog when I first sent them the link, but they weren't really sure what they were suppose to do with it or exactly what it was....I thought everyone understood what Blogs were.

So I find it kind of an interesting thing that I can sit on a train and get funny looks while I needlepoint because they don't have a clue to what I'm doing, then come home and write my blog, which isn't really that high tech, and have people tell me that have no idea what a blog is and what I'm doing.

I feel so hip and yet so old at the same time!

Am I old fashion? or a in a new frontier foreign to my friends? My friends are all pretty close to my age. You'd think that at 46 the would know what needlepointing is as I'm sure they saw their mom's or grandmothers doing it. And who hasn't heard of the internet and blogging.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You needlepoint? I didn't know that! I cross-stitch needlepoint. Always have... I'm currently working on a baby blanket. It's huge... I'm hoping to get it done in time but we'll see!

*big hugs* and Happy Holidays!
~Rochelle