Sunday, April 27, 2008

That's Amore

It's 10:00 pm on Sunday and I just got back from Bruns House, the Hospice facility that my mom is at. I am feeling really good inside. Mom is still with us and was able to be with me on one of the most incredible nights of my life. It was my sister Nancy, my mom and me, the three of us together in her room. Nancy had picked up a cd of Dean Martin's greatest hits for mom, so we played it. Not only did we play it, but we sang, we danced and even though my mom couldn't participate with us, I've never felt more closer to either one of them. It was awesome. I'm sure the other people that at Bruns house may have felt differently, but for those 2 hours, the world revolved around just three of us. I feel kind of bad for the family of the gentleman across the hall, as they were giving him last rites, we were belting out an interesting rendition of That's Amore. He is of my mom's generation, so I'm hoping be enjoyed it too.

If mom passes tonight, I'll feel good about how the three of us celebrated her life tonight. As horrible as Nancy and I both sing, there was nothing but happiness and love in the room tonight. I didn't cry on the way home, in fact I smiled the entire way. I can go to sleep tonight without tears and sleep knowing it was a happy night that I'll never forget and will remember always. Be at peace Mom, I love you.

No comments: