Tuesday, April 29, 2008

fooled again

Well twice this morning my mom has fooled everyone. When the nurse called me this morning telling me it was very close, she didn’t think I would get here on time. I did. About 2 hours later after I arrived they gave mom the anxiety med and her breathing changed completely. It was about 45 seconds between breathes, each breath was a struggle and all the nurses came in to hold our hands and be with us and mom. 2 hours later Nancy and I gave up and went to lunch, thinking maybe she wanted to wait till we left the room. We ate at the Italian place close by. As we were finishing up lunch, the background music playing was Ave Maria, one of my Mom’s favorite songs. We took that as a sign and rushed back here. At this point we think she is hanging on for another 2 days so she’ll get another social security check….

No comments: